Renovation Going Slowly

Having removed the carpet and much of the “mouse fur” from the walls in the dining/living area, I fried a few brain cells removing the glue backing with a solvent. Then, I began polishing the interior aluminum with mixed results. Have to get some more aggressive Nuvite polishing cream to work on the roughest areas but getting there slowly. Here’s a progress photo.

I took a break from polishing and worked on tapping into the propane system and connecting up a catalytic heater to use when we are boondocking. My brother Barry had advised me on fittings and a general scheme and with patience and some “measure twice/cut once” technique, I got it installed on the front of the gas stove with a swinging door so that we can aim it rearward as well. Leak checks with soapy water and we’re good to go.

The couch has been delivered to an upholsterer for recovering and should be ready by late June. Camping season is here — time to get these projects buttoned up.
This entry was posted in polishing, propane, repairs, restoration, rig maintenance. Bookmark the permalink.