Six Weeks To Liftoff

Awaking this morning to a couple of inches of snow, I am happy that not only is the #Airstream winterized and moved to the launch site beside the house, but that we have our winter travel plans well underway. Here’s the “Snowstream” this morning as Penny and I took our morning dog walk.

Chilling out, waiting for departure to warmer climes.

Chilling out, waiting for departure to warmer climes.

Tomorrow is opening day of deer hunting so the hunters will love this early layer of white. If it would stay, I’d like it too but this time of year, with the ground still waterlogged, it’s very frustrating to try to snowshoe or xc ski — even if we get another six inches.

I bought a nice new vest for the Vizsla yesterday since we still walk in our woods every day and there are idiots, not many, who are a little trigger-happy. No one leaves horses or cows out until after the season ends.

Penny looks pretty spiffy in her new vest but of course, she doesn't like it.

Penny looks pretty spiffy in her new vest but of course, she doesn’t like it.

So, we’ll continue to plan — keep the wood fires going — enjoy the holidays — and before that long, head south where all we have to worry about is wind storms, thunderstorms, and alligators.

This entry was posted in Airstream, Southwest trip, Southwest trip 5, Vizsla, winterization. Bookmark the permalink.