The Best Laid Plans …..

Saturday morning, I slid down our iced-up driveway in four-wheel drive, thankful that I had got the Airstream home the day before.  Well, Sunday, after a night of high winds and blowing snow, we woke up to this:

A friend wrote me Saturday, "If I had an RV, I'd move it southward by October 15th.  Guess she was right.

A friend wrote me Saturday, “If I had an RV, I’d move it southward by October 15th. Guess she was right.

With winds gusting to 40 mph or more all day Sunday, the dog has been very nervous and I have started thinking about alternative plans.  I suspect, since it will not melt before Wednesday, we will leave the ‘stream here and move it during a better stretch in December.

Five weeks until warm weather and a chance to defrost.

Five weeks until warm weather and a chance to defrost.

Screen Shot 2013-11-24 at 5.14.05 PM

 

The long range forecast has a coastal storm arriving on the day we are planning to move the rig to Massachusetts so that makes the decision clear — head down Tuesday night and leave the Airstream here — but also watch the weather the next few days to see if the storm track changes.  Stay tuned.

This entry was posted in Jennifer's, Trip Planning, winter travel. Bookmark the permalink.

One Response to The Best Laid Plans …..

  1. Cathie and Jay says:

    Too bad you had to leave the Airstream behind but she sure looks pretty and sparkly in the snow! It must have been the mud facial you gave her a few days earlier…. Happy Thanksgiving from up in St. Albans and safe travels.

Comments are closed.